Product Recall - Fast Charge Jump Starter 360
We have identified a potential fault with the Ring Fast Charge Jump Starter 360 (RPPL360) and are recalling this product with immediate effect. A technical fault has been found where the product can short-circuit and cause overheating.
The recall affects this product only for the item-code above; no other products or Jump Starters are being recalled.
Actions for consumers
Whilst the chance of a product defect is low at less than 0.1%, we advise consumers who have bought the product from our retailers and distributors to immediately refrain from using the item and store the product outside protected from water and rain.
Consumers should then:
- Contact the retailer or distributor where the Jump Starter was purchased from, and they will be able to offer you a full refund.
- The retailer will ask for your contact information to track the recall process. The retailer will also ask for permission to share your contact information with RING.
- RING will then contact consumers to instruct them on how to recycle the product.
If consumers do not want retailers to share personal data, we ask those consumers to contact RING Customer Services on 0113 213 7389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Customer Services opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am –5pm, excluding bank holidays)
- RING will take your details and issue you with a safe transportation bag for the RPPL360.
Once you receive the safe transportation bag, please place the RPPL360 unit in the bag and take it to your Local Authority Household Waste Recycling Centre and place in the Electrical Waste Recycling Point, sometimes alternatively called the WEEE Recycling Point.
- To locate an Electrical waste recycling or WEEE recycling point visit https://www.recyclenow.com/recycling-locator
We take the quality and safety of our products extremely seriously and would like to sincerely apologise to customers affected for any inconvenience this may cause.